Already have a Username/Password for Wildlife Biology in Practice?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Please download the author guidelines.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published (except as part of a thesis or lecture note, report, or in the form of an abstract), nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission has been approved by all co-authors as well as by the authorities at the institute where the work has been carried out
Written permission of copyright holders was obtained by the authors for material used from other copyright sources
- Authors Guidelines have been carefully read and applied in the submitted manuscript.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, Open Document Format for Office Applications, RTF document file format.
- The first page cointains a cover letter which includes the title of the manuscript, the authors' addresses at the time the research was conducted and present address(es) and the name and complete mailing address and email of the corresponding author to whom proofs should be sent. Also, include names, addresses and e-mails of potential referees.
- The second page includes the title of the manuscript, the running head, the abstract, and the keywords in that order.
- The text must adhere to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses).
- Prefered place in the text of illustrations, figures, and tables are indicated using the following notations in red letters: "place illustration X here" or "place figure X here" or "place table X here"
- Tables are in Word or Excel format. Graphs are in the final format (without legend) in Excel format, or TIFF, or PICT or good quality JPEG format. Images and other figures are in TIFF, or PICT or good quality JPEG format.
- If the work involves the use of animal or human subjects, the author should ensure that the manuscript contains a statement that all procedures were performed in compliance with relevant laws (please provide law identification) and institutional guidelines and that the appropriate institutional committee(s) have approved them.
- Authors agree with self-archiving at the Portuguese Wildlife Society Electronic Repository.
- Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Portugal license.
Authors who publish research articles in WBP retain copyright over their work. This secures their "moral right" to safeguard the integrity of their work and to have the full work referenced whenever all or part of it is reproduced. By publishing their research in WBP, authors agree to allow free and unrestricted non-commercial use of the work by others under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Portugal license.
Authors also agree to have their papers archived at the Portuguese Wildlife Society Institutional Repository.
The Portuguese Wildlife Society (SPVS) respects the privacy of its visitors, users and others who may visit our Website, contact us, and provide us with information so that we can communicate with them.
Our Pledge to You
- This website includes a subscription form and e-mail addresses by which you may choose to contact us and request access to information from us and from this website.
- If you use the subscription form, you are giving us permission to add your name and e-mail address to our database of subscribed persons.
- You are also giving us your consent for us to contact you from time to time, using the provided contact information with information related to your subscription.
- If you send us e-mail which is not unsolicited commercial e-mail (i.e. which is not spam), we will not divulge your e-mail address or the contents of your e-mail to any third party for any reason without your prior consent or unless ordered by a court to do so.
- We wish to inform, not to annoy you. Should you request to be "unsubscribed" to any of our communiqués, we will immediately honor your request.
- We use our web server logs for internal analysis of traffic to this website, in order to gauge our website's effectiveness and the popularity of particular pages or documents on the website. We do not show or sell our web server logs to anyone else.
- This website provides you with various methods by which you may contact us. We pledge that, if you use any of these published means of contacting us for legitimate business reasons, we will not make your personal information available to third parties without your consent.
Your Pledge to Us
Just as SPVS respects your privacy, we ask you to respect our privacy. In particular:
- You may not use this website to harvest e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to us or to anyone else.
- You may not use the names of our users, who may be identified on this website and in our other marketing collateral, to contact them.
- You may not violate the copyright of this website by reproducing it in whole or in part without our written permission to do so. If you are interested in doing so, please ask us.
- If you send unsolicited junk e-mail to any @socpvs.org e-mail address, we reserve the right to:
- Blacklist your email server without prior notification.
- Report your email server to real-time anti-spam services.
- Add your e-mail address/server/IP address to our spam filters.
For more information about our privacy policies and procedures, or to withdraw consent or request access or correction, please contact us at:
Sociedade Portuguesa de Vida Selvagem / Portuguese Wildlife Society
Apartado 16, EC Quiaios
3081 - 101 Figueira da Foz
Fax: +351 233 910 670
Email: [email protected]